Create with Camp Beaumont: Egg Box Succulents
What you need...
- Egg box - whatever size you have!
- PVA glue
- Green paint
1. Cut apart your egg box.
First, cut the lid away from the bottom of the carton.
2. Cutaway individual egg cups.
I found that the easiest way to do this was to cut the part that connects each cup.
3. Once the egg cups are separated, cut triangles between the four sections to create the leaves.
The leaves and cups will vary in size, and that’s a good thing! Continue this until all the egg cups are complete.
4. Keep ALL the pieces – the parts you cut away will be used later on to create more leaves!
5. Shape your egg cup succulents.
Cutaway the corners to create a round leafy shape or sharpen the edges to create a spiky cactus succulent.
6. Use the excess egg box to create more leaves and build up your succulent!
Shape 4 or 5 of your cutaway pieces into leaves and use the glue to fit the leaves into the centre of the egg cup, layering the bottoms on top of each other to create volume.
TIP: Pinch the bottom of each leaf together to make a tiny petal for the centre.
10. Repeat until you have created a garden of succulents.
Create as many plants as you like!